Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Finding Quiet Time with GOD

Our lives are so full of distractions. From the moment we get up until the moment we fall asleep there are so many distractions. For me, from the moment my alarm goes off I am distracted by my phone,the news, kids at work so many things grab my attention that I forget my one on one time with God.

One of my absolutely favorite devotional songs is called The Greatest Friend. I have no idea who the author is but the lyrics are incredibly powerful.

Oh Lord I thought the day would never come
when I could lay my burdens down and walk with You
But each morning as  I greet the rising sun
the fondest of my dreams has all come true.

Chorus:
And the Greatest Friend you'll ever find is on a lonely mountain
The highest high you'll ever reach is when you kneel to pray.
The Brightest Light you'll ever see is when you close your eyes.
Oh Lord, You are my First Love
at  last I realize.

Oh Lord I need a mountain to climb on
Just a quiet place to go and know You're there
Oh Lord I need to spend some time with You
Jesus spent the night with You in prayer.

Wow. This song pops into my mind often. especially when it's been a while for me to have my quiet time. I know that I have to make a conscience decision to make quiet time with God a priority. 

No comments:

Post a Comment