Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Weight Watchers. . . again.

When I looked at a picture of me from a recent vacation, I didn't like what I saw. I realized I needed to do something to change. So when my job offered Weight Watchers at Work with a subsidized price,  I jumped at it. I nervously went into the info session (with my checkbook) and listened to what we were being told. I made the decision I was going to make this happen because I need to do something. I need to be healthy. I filled out my paperwork, wrote my check and waited for the official weigh in the following week.

When that weigh-in came, I was borderline devastated. I hadn't realized that I had reached 258.2 pounds. My 5 foot 5 inch frame was carring 258.2 pounds! I sat down in the chair and looked through the booklets Bev handed me and downloaded the Weight Watchers app to start tracking everything. I went out and bought a FitBit in lavender and started the program.

My first week, I had a preplanned 5k, cardio kickboxing and the Kiddie Kardio program I do at work and took the dogs for a mile long walk. I tracked everything that went into my mouth-- from food to the Belgium Rock Sugar in my Teavana tea. I tracked everything and it paid off-- I lost 6.4 pounds in one week.

Week 2 on the program was much of the same. I went on walks with the dogs, did Kiddie Kardio and missed out on the Cardio Kickboxing class (Grandma's birthday). I tracked everything I ate and it paid off again! I lost an additional 6 pounds that week.

Week 3, didn't go as well as the others.  I did Kiddie Kardio, missed Cardio Kickboxing (Ladies Prayer Night) and did not get to go for the walk with the dogs because of 2 TV interviews.(There was also a major sporting event this weekend) Also, my cousin made some amazing bread and bread is evidently, my biggest weakness. I knew going into the weigh-in wasn't going to be pretty. I was pleasantly surprised I didn't undo my progress and only gained .2 pounds (3.2 ounces).

I know that what I'm doing is not a sprint. I can't be an Olympic sprinter aiming for the finish line. This is a marathon. I am not on some fad diet. I am trying to make changes that will last for a lifetime. I am changing my thinking, my habits and my life. Gaining 3.2 ounces in 1 week isn't going to derail my progress. I am going to make this work. I am going to change my life and I am going to get healthy. I WILL FIND ONEDERLAND and once I do, I'm never leaving. I just have to stick to this and make it work.


Starting Weight (SW): 258.2 pounds.
Current Weight (CW): 246.0 pounds
Total Weigh Lost (TWL): 12.2 pounds
Pounds to Go (PTG): 89 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment