Tuesday, February 21, 2017

What is Your Why? Weight Watchers Update

I wasn’t sure the scale was going to be in my favor this today. I spent the majority of last week sick as a dog and not moving. However, when I stepped on the scale at my meeting this morning, I was pleasantly surprised that I actually lost 12.8 ounces (.8 of a pound). I know it’s not a huge victory, but it is still more weight loss than gained on this journey. I am 14.2 pounds lighter now then at the start of this journey with Weight Watchers and for me that is amazing. I am learning to make better choices and to stick with them. I’m making lists of my favorite restaurants and smart point values of my favorite items so when I do go out with my friends, I can make decisions ahead of time and know how many points to save. I’m still having trouble using ALL of my points each day, but I think I’m getting better at it.

Every meeting, Bev passes out a Weight Watchers Weekly booklet for us to read through out the week. These little booklets have and article, a place for free writing and a recipe in them (and a coupon for something healthy). This week’s Weekly has an article encouraging us to figure out our Why for joining WW and some space to write it down. When I first joined 6 weeks ago, I wrote in my meeting book that my why was so I wouldn’t get diabetes like Daddy. I wanted to share my REAL why at the meeting today, but we ran out of time. I am going to share it with you now.

My real WHY for joining WW this year is Daddy, not just his diabetes and kidney failure, but Daddy. The day I took Daddy to the hospital before he died, he shared a few wishes he had for me. (Looking back, I wonder if he somehow knew that day would be the last day he could tell me what he wanted me to know.) Some of what he told me that day, I’m going to keep to myself, its so precious to me; but I will share that he wanted me to get healthy. Daddy wanted me to lose weight and be healthy. He did not want me to become a diabetic like so many in our family. He didn’t want me to struggle with cholesterol or any health related issue because of my weight. He wanted me to be better than I was.It took me 18 months before I was ready to start this process for real. I did attempt the online WW a few months after he passed away, but it didn’t work well for me. The face to face meetings are working so much better for me and I’m glad I took the leap this time.So, that’s my why for joining Weight Watchers. I want to make my Daddy proud of me and do something he had begged me to do so many times. This journey is not only for me, but it’s for Daddy.

SW: 258.2Today: 244.0TWL: 14.2PTO: 89

No comments:

Post a Comment