Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Finding Your Squad. . . Weight Watcher update (Plan week 9)

I started my Weight Watchers journey 9 weeks ago with a weigh in. Our first weigh in was on January 11, and I had a wake up call. I hadn't realized that I had allowed myself to balloon up to almost 260 pounds. (258.2 pounds to be exact) I knew I was out of shape and needed to do something. An early post talks about my "Why" for joining Weight Watchers, you can read about it here.

Over these last few weeks, I have learned so much. I have learned how to make better choices, that my favorite oranges are Navel oranges (I don't think there is an orange I won't eat), and that broccoli slaw is my favorite vegetable mix. . . EVER. I have gained more energy and I've begun to see physical changes in my body. I also joined a gym (and more importantly, actually went inside to work out.) Most excitingly, I have been able to shed and keep 14 pounds off for a month. (12 pounds have been kept off for 6 weeks and I'm so happy about that.)

Today, I walked into weigh-in not to optimistic. I know there was one day when all I wanted to do was stuff my face with junk food (I didn't), but I wanted to. I really thought I had gone so far off plan that there would be a gain for the second week in a row, but there wasn't! When I stepped off the scale at the weigh-in, I was surprised to learn I had LOST 2.6 pounds and earned my third 5 pound star!

Our topic of the magazine thing this week was finding your squad. Finding the people who would support and help me along this journey and I am so happy to know that I have a great squad of people on this journey. Not only is there a squad with the people in my WW at work meetings, but I feel that those of you who take the time to read these post each week are a part of my squad. Your support has been wonderful these past few weeks. From a friend asking me to walk on our lunch breaks, to cousins going to the gym with me and all the encouragement you've given me, I am so lucky to have my "squad". You guys are amazing and thanks for coming with me on this journey.

SW: 258.2 lbs
Today 241.6 lbs
TWL: 16.6 lbs
PTG: 86.6 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment